Tuesday, February 7, 2017

february 8

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Alright. This week is not going the way I planned.  Being sick sucks, and not being with you guys for a third day in a row sucks worse.

But there is a very silver lining.  Those of you who are contributing ideas here and on your own blogs are officially learning independently.  You're exactly the kind of self-starter that universities and employers look for.

So my question today is (for those of you crushing it): How does it feel to seize the opportunity?

And my question today is (for those of you not doing anything I can see online and not emailing me for help): How does it feel to waste the opportunity?


AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Today is reflection in the form of torturing a friend.  Write a test with at least two questions per chapter.  Post the questions (BUT NOT THE ANSWERS) on your blog (TITLE: GATSBY TEST CHAPTERS 1-4).  Get three friends to take the test by commenting to your post with their answers.  Grade them and report their grades with the correct answers in a second post (TITLE: GATSBY TEST GRADES).

Q: Dr. Preston, what if I can't get three friends to take my test?
A: Fine-tune your powers of persuasion and try harder.  This is all-or-nothing.

5 comments:

  1. I'm Sorry you're sick, Dr. Preston. Anything I can do to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Satchel-- the truth is, I was just sitting here feeling really frustrated when I saw your note, and reading it made me feel better. So you already did something to help :)

      Now if the antibiotics would just kick in...

      Delete
    2. My Pleasure. Now, go get some sleep, eat chicken soup, and dream about a Third Period class that would willingly participate in something. Isn't that something all teachers dream about?

      Delete
    3. That is a winning prescription. Will do and thanks again, Dr. Hogan

      Delete