Friday, September 2, 2016

sometimes ideas are all around us

Today in each class I talked about the "Two Dogs." I used Sitting Bull's words to think out loud about the conflicts all of us experience and the choices we make.  Then, for the first time, at lunch I visited the art classrooms.  Mrs. Jennings and Mrs. Goldin showed me their students' amazing work, and brought me back into the workshop areas behind their rooms.  In the last corner I visited, I walked up to a girl working at an easel.  She was finishing a painting for Mr. Domingues to put in his office.

This blew my mind. 


Yep. Sitting Bull.  Two dogs (wolves, as he's sometimes quoted).  What a great way to end the week.  See you in class Tuesday.  Probably see you here first.

2 comments:

  1. I love when things like this happen...What does it mean? It means something. I'll think about it and get back to you. Thank you for coming over to our side of town. Also, thank you for sharing the whole kit and caboodle with your students...and I mean your whole lesson. It is awesome! :) Ms.Goldin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Goldin! Was just sitting poolside in Marina Del Rey thinking about how we make meaning, and then I run across your comment. Perfect. The lessons I teach are so often the ones I'm spending my life learning...

      Delete