Wednesday, August 24, 2016

august 24

JOURNAL TOPIC:
Please reflect on your independent work process.  Are you getting stuff done?  What about your working environment is helping you achieve?  What's holding you back?  What are you going to do next in order to succeed?

*OR*

A Native American elder described his conflicting emotions as two dogs, one good and one evil, fighting all the time. When someone asked which dog wins, the elder replied, "The one I feed the most." Describe a time you were ambivalent (*look that up if you don't know what it means) and explain which dog you fed.

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Same deal as yesterday. We reconvene tomorrow (Thursday)

HW:
Q: What did the mama tomato say to the baby tomato when they were out walking and the baby tomato lagged behind?
A: Catsup!

Please make sure your portfolio is up to date.  See you in class Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! Former students have hypothesized everything from hanging bat-like until I turn into a vampire, to foreign agent made mostly of robotic parts. The truth is: Not Enough. Working on it and trying to be a better role model :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Depending on how you look at it, it's either: a) a distracting waste of time, or b) the most necessary function for sustaining good health into middle age and beyond. (As I've aged I've moved from a to b.)

      Delete
  3. That joke was funny. I suggest you tell us more jokes instead of putting assignments there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edgar! I'd be happy to, just as soon as everyone gets everything done. Then we can do away with the idea of homework altogether.

      Delete
  4. You will always find me in the past. I can be created in the present, But the future can never taint me. What am I?
    (BTW a riddle that took me at least 30 minutes to figure out before searching online for it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love riddles! (And: History. I confess I got some help on this one from a 12 year-old who couldn't stay quiet long enough for me to wrestle with it myself. Man I hate that. It's like an unfinished sneeze.)

      Delete