Sunday, April 23, 2017

april 24

JOURNAL TOPIC:
In nature, Spring is a time of birth and renewal.  Flowers bloom, baby animals get born, and outside you can practically hear "The Circle of Life" from the soundtrack of The Lion King.  (*Which I'd be playing alongside this topic if I were in class today.)

We humans have created rituals in our cultures and religions to celebrate Spring.  Apart from formal celebrations like Passover and Easter, and the Pagan rituals that preceded them both, many families practice Spring cleaning.

So my question is this: now that we are solidly in Spring, what can you do to start over, or clean out part of your life, or change for the better? 

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Peer review
  • Please read at least five (5) of your colleagues' work over the break
  • Please comment to their work with at least one (1) compliment and one (1) constructive criticism
  • In a post on your blog, describe what impressed you most-- what did someone else do well enough to inspire you and/or give you an idea for your own work?
(Please Note: As I mentioned before the break, I will not be in class tomorrow; please make sure that you've completed the work we agreed to so that we can build together on Tuesday.)

1 comment:

  1. I will be Honest, Dr. Preston, the Work over Spring Break completely slipped my mind. Between our friend who's been living n our Driveway passing away due to two forms of cancer-lungs and brain-and my oral surgery, the beginning of my break was hectic. I will be sure to spend Lunch, as always, working on this then and after school.

    ReplyDelete